Thursday, February 20, 2014

Push.



Tuesday morning as I came home from taking the kids to school, I knew that I had to make some time with God a priority.  Since it's warming up outside, I figured I would grab my books and head to the "lake" by our house (read as retention pond). It was God telling me to go in the quiet, be close to him and the nature that he created. At least that's what I thought at the time... I sat down on the ground, and got comfortable with my notebook and Bible, ready to read His word. Not even 10 minutes later, a lawn crew of about 8 men, 2 mowers and whatever else they use showed up, not 50 yards from me, pretty much trying to run me off so they could work. Yet I remained there, determined to finish my devotional for the day before getting up. Finally, I've had enough and get up to walk away. So, as I'm walking away, I'm thinking. I know God told me to come here this morning, but why did He have me come here, just to be pushed away by the noise and machines of the lawn crew.

Then, it hit me. 
Or maybe He spoke to me.

Push past the noise, let it happen, it's gonna happen. The noise of our surroundings. The noise of our society. Push past it. Don't let the noise take me away from Him, and His Word, that I need so dearly in my life. For if I'm truly lost in his Word, as I should be, that noise will fade into the background, and his Word will still come through. Loud and clear. 

The past 4 days my mind has been a mess.

Full of fear.
Full of doubt. 
Full of worry.

All of which I know is the devil trying to get his hands on me. I prayed, and prayed, and PRAYED yesterday for just some peace in all that's been racing through my mind. Read a few passages, and bible study plans and kept being led to the same place. Abide by Him.

In Him.

Walk in His light.

These things will be the way to my peace and happiness. I just have to push past the bad, the and good will happen.


Sabrina 



No comments:

Post a Comment